Dear Readers, Welcome to the "Ramblings of Pragmatic Software Craftsman" blog.
My name is Dhaval P Shah. I am the founder and editor of this blog. I work as a Lead - Software Development Engineer at Mastercard.
I am a pragmatic Software Craftsman, passionate about architecting, designing, implementing, operationalizing and monitoring Distributed Systems with 15+ years of experience predominately in crafting low latency, high throughput and scalable enterprise applications.
I am a perpetual learner, who is inquisitive about all the latest trends shaping the software industry. I am predominantly a backend developer with extensive experience in Java / J2EE stack using Spring framework. Of late I am trying to tinker with Big Data stack.
- Spring Boot, Spring Webflux, Spring Reactor
- J2EE technologies (Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Data JPA, Spring Integration, Hibernate )
- Refactoring legacy applications
- Performance Engg. aficionado with sharp focus on optimization of enterprise applications (JVM / GC Tuning, App. Memory utilization, App. profiling and benchmarking, DB tuning etc.)
- Enterprise Monitoring (Splunk, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Chaos Engineering (Chaos Monkey for Spring Boot)
Professionl Linkedin profile - Dhaval Shah
My curriculum vitae - CV
I am an avid reader and hence in my spare time I generally read non fictional and technology books. My book shelf can be availed at goodreads
Connect with me
About this blog
"Ramblings of Pragmatic Software Craftsman" is a blog where I tend to log my key learnings that I have gathered as part of my day job or as part of my evening / night time where I simply love to play with some new or upcoming technology / tools. This in a way compels me to delve deeper to build a strong conceptual foundation for the article I intend to write about. It gives me immense self gratifying feeling when my readers find my articles insightful - however thats just a byproduct for the endeavor that I put to blog.